Monday, August 25, 2014

Steaks for Sunday Dinner and a Visit to the Washington Monument - 08/25/2014

Thanks for the update Dad! It really means a lot. Things have been going pretty well. We were able to teach 16 lessons last week and that is a lot. Our goal is 20 so we are getting closer and closer each week.Today has been super long but pretty fun. Elder loveless, Elder Wang, Elder Lian, (not sure how to spell that last one) were able to go into the city! We went to the Holocaust Museum. That's not my favorite but it was pretty cool. Then we walked all around and waited for our time to go up to very top of the Washington Monument. That was so cool! You can see everything from up there!

I am looking forward to this week. We have some plans set up already and I will finally get my ipad tomorrow! yay! I'm most excited for one of our lessons we have set up for on Wednesday. His name is Carlos, he is a non member that we found trying to visit a less active. He sounds very interested in the gospel. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he started reading it as soon as we left. I think he is very promising but I guess we will have to see.

The members are so cool in this area. Just yesterday we had a dinner with the Hanson Family. He is very very very well off. He has probably thee nicest backyard I have ever seen. He is so humble and down to earth which makes him really cool. For dinner we had Steaks and then we shared a spiritual message about honesty. We basically retold our lesson that we had to teach in Gospel Principals. I think I forgot to tell you that we had to teach that class for two weeks in a row now haha. They went super well and it helps us practice our teaching.

Thank you so much for messaging me. It really means a lot. I really like to heir what is going on at home. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be on a mission. I have learned so much already and i have only been in for a month now. I can feel my testimony grow every single day and it is just amazing. We are all so blessed to know the truth and to have the knowledge to live Christ centered lives. Because of him we can be happy even in the hardest of times. And because of him we can live together forever as a family. Please keep messaging me. It always puts a smile on my face. Well I guess I better get going.

Love Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment