Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sore Gums, Transfers, Crazy Lady's, Food Poisoning, Car Chases, and Did I Mention Sore Gums? - 01/26/2015

Well well well, I'm not even sure we're to start this weekly email. his week my gums on the left side of my mouth, both top and bottom were inflamed and it hurt all week!! The only thing that would make it feel better was when I drank some cool water. This helped me drink more water then I have ever in my life. Over the course of one day I would drink around 160 oz of water. This was like every day, just so my gums wouldn't kill me. 

This week was also transfers so I got a new companion. His name is Elder Paul. I don't know him too well yet, but I am sure he is great. Before transfers elder Elliott and I didn't do much. He just wanted to say bye to some people so went all over. It was fun. Wednesday was transfers. After the transfer meeting, I let elder Paul get situated. Then we went with the other Elders to meet a crazy lady they have been helping. When we got close to the place where she was staying, she was already walking towards us. She told us that she had a missionary opportunity for us. As we walked with her she was talking about this pastor who was ready for the gospel. So I thought we would be just going to his house and talking with this guy but I was greatly mistaken. We walked right up to their church. So at this point I thought we were meeting him there, but as we were walked in we saw that there was a session going on so we sat down and joined them for a few minutes. The lady walks right up to the pastor, gives him a Book of Mormon, and our phone number, and then we left. Ha ha it was kinda crazy. Then we walked back with this lady to her house and she gives us food for dinner. All of a sudden this ice cream truck pulls up out of nowhere. These ice cream trucks are famous for DC. They are called weed wagons. People call them that because with all the other normal goodies that they sell, they also sell drugs out of them. While we continue to talk to the lady about this, she gets this look of disgust, and she walks right up to this truck and starts flirting with the guy, trying to get information from him. She walks back and tells us to write down the license plate info. This lady is insane! We did not want to get wound up into some problems with the drug lords.  Good thing nothing happened.  We started walking back and when we almost got back home 8 police cars went flying by back the from where we came from. Hope it wasn't related. 

The next day we had district meeting after district meeting we headed to lunch and then went home. My mouth was in lots of pain so I did not want to leave the apartment so we did weekly planning. We finally made it out of the apartment to go to dinner. Dinner was miserable! Each bite I just wanted to rip out all of my teeth. At the end I started to feel sick as soon as we got home so I went straight to bed. I would slept wonderfully but my body wanted that food out of my stomach, so I woke up around 11 and had to relieve myself out of my face, to put it nicely.  This happened every couple of hours through the night but nothing was coming out after the first time. Even the next day I still had a few episodes where my roommates, who were downstairs, were wondering if I would live through it or not(it's pretty funny looking back on it). I stayed in bed for the rest of that day. The only thing that made it better was that my companion and one per roommate had gotten sick as well. It was a tough missionary work week.  We did get rested up though.

Other then that I did have pretty crazy thing happen. On one of the nights I started to feel better, we witnessed a car chase.  It was freaking crazy hahah I'll send you the video. I'm not sure if mom would find it cool till I was home if you know what I mean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment