Tuesday, November 11, 2014

From November 3. New place, Same Happy Attitude!

Things are going pretty good around here. Right now I don't need anything but if things change I will let you know haha hmmm I'm not sure I have a favorite things yet... I do love the library of congress! That has been one of the coolest things I have done here. My room isn't too messy and not an entire meal but I will have to because of the area I am in now hahaha.
      This Wednesday I got transferred to the ghettos! Haha I haven't seen any white people (besides missionary's) for a week now. People are totally different down here. They are all living in poverty. I have already had some funny experiences with people yelling and cussing us out. Hahah it's pretty funny. The area I am in is called Anacostia central. It's in south east D.C. Haha this is one of the places I dreaded to go but now that I am here it isn't too bad. I have met with some of the members and they seem really cool! I like them a lot! They are such good people with humble hearts.
       The place that I have moved into is sweet!!! It's the only town house in the mission. There is so much space! It feels like a mansion compared to the apartment I was in last time. The worst part about this area is that it's a bike area and we are coming into winter... So that should be exciting! My new companion is a pretty good guy. He has been out for only eight months so he still needs to work on things. This is his first time being a senior companion so I find my self doing a lot of the planing still. 
     The holidays are in full swing it seems like. Well from what Zach tells me. It doesn't really feel that way with us because we are missionary's and we don't really do the normal holiday stuff. I will sure miss it but what we are doing is great. The VC is getting ready for the Festival of Lights up on the temple grounds. It's basically exactly like temple square just a little smaller. I am really excited for it because they have concerts literally every night in December so I am sure we will be going there a lot with members.
     Love Elder Tyler C Johnson  P.S. Remember Mr. Biolo, the vise principal from last year? Well his parents are serving there missions here and they are in the same ward as me! I will get you my scripture of the day at a later time Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment