Monday, September 15, 2014

Gutenberg Bible and Elder Loveless is Heading Home - 09/15/2014

Wow it sounds like some exciting things are going on. Thank you for updating me on everything. This past week has been pretty good! Nothing too new. We have been giving lessons to members and less actives usually. We taught 9 lessons so we were on the low side, but I am sure that will pick up.

We have been spending a lot of time with members this week because Elder Loveless is going home on Wednesday, so everyone's been talking to him about life and setting him up with people they know that are going to BYU...ha ha it's pretty funny. It's crazy to think that I have been out in the field for 6 weeks now! It seems like yesterday I just got out of the MTC.

I have been having a great time. I can feel my self growing in some way each week and it really has shown me that a mission isn't just for the people that you are teaching but it is also about your own personal growth. I have been able to learn how to live on my own, ha ha it's kinda crazy.


Today has been so fun! Elder loveless, our roommates, and I were able to go down into DC today. It was awesome being able to see things that I haven't seen before. We went to the Library of Congress and that is probably one of my favorite things in DC that I have seen. It is truly amazing. 


This is a picture of one of the very first bibles ever printed. There are only three perfect (no missing pages) copy's from the very first batch of bibles printed in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment