Monday, September 22, 2014

A Ute Football Player for a Companion??? Now the Missionary Work Really Begins - 09/22/2014

Hey!! That sounds like you have had a lot of fun this week!! I can't wait to hear more about the Cougars and all the fun things coming up.

This week has been super good! My trainer, Elder Loveless went home on Thursday. It was really hard but I got an awesome new companion. His name is Elder Tavana. He is 6'4'' 300 pounds and he is going to play football up at the U. He is super funny and an awesome missionary. Everyone loves him so it makes it easy to talk to people. I have already learned so much from him. The only bad thing is that he is leaving in December so the is getting to the end of his mission.

This week we were only able to teach 11 lessons, but they were very good lessons. This week will be much better and hopefully we will find some investigators. I am serving in probably the most wealthy county in the country so that makes it super hard because everyone is set and they think that they don't need God in their life. We were talking to this lady on the street and she flat out said that we probably will not get into any houses around the area. They don't let anyone in. But we know that this gospel needs to be spread so we will keep working our tails off. Thank you so much for the email. Sorry this one is so short. I hope you all have a fantastic week. Keep up the hard work. 


Love,

Elder Johnson

ps Scripture of the week:

Ether 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. 


Random Pig Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment