Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Single Digits....9 Days Left - 07/18/2016

Well this week has been petty interesting. It has been hard meeting with the people that we are working with because it seems like everyone is out of town with their family vacations. We have been checking on a bunch of new move-in referrals with no luck, so far.

Needless to say it has been a pretty slow week. A couple of pretty cool things did happen though. We were going through a bunch of names of members that the ward wanted us to visit. We finally got a hold of one of those family's and they said we could come over. So we went over there and introduced ourselves. We had an awesome conversation with them and got to know them pretty well. They hadn't been to church since last year because of health problems. They have been pretty lonely due to being house-ridden and so they are always open to having visitors over. They shared with us a few stories from their lifetime, they shared some of their hobbies that they enjoy, and after all that, we were able to share a spiritual thought with them. That may seem just like any normal visit, but that visit helped remind me how simple missionary work can be. One of the hobbies this member was into was 3D printing. He totally said he would make me a 3D printed name tag.
     
This week we also had a solid lesson with a less active member and his family. People have been asking him to come to church for a while now and he hasn't budged. We ended up focusing on some of the Christ-like attributes that are found in Preach My Gospel. We focused on trying to excited commitments that will help build his faith so he will have a desire to act. It will probably take a couple more lessons, but I think he will be coming back to church soon.
     
President Johnson and sister were making their rounds this week. I had pretty short interviews with both of them because I will be getting my departing interview this week. It's pretty crazy to think about it haha.

In other exciting news, I was able to visit with members in the Gaithersburg ward. I am trying to visit a lot of people before I leave and it is kinda getting hectic, especially with the distance. I am hoping I will be able to visit a good chunk of people this week.
     
Sunday was the Why I Believe fireside up at the temple visitor center. President Johnson and sister Johnson spoke and it was awesome! The more around them the more I like them. It think they will do great things for this mission. After Why I believe  I got to talk to tons of members of past wards and got to say good bye to them. It was a pretty great night. 

Thank you guys for the support see you all in 9 days ðŸ˜³






No comments:

Post a Comment