Monday, November 16, 2015

Derwood Ward, Elder Bentley, and Elder's Paul and Elliot Heading Home - 11/16/2015

Hello Everyone!
     
This week has been a week full of surprises. As many of you know, we'll maybe not, it was transfers this week. I am now serving in the Derwood Ward which is right next to Gaithersburg, so I am back up near the area I served for 6 months in. It is going to be a good transfer, but it is going to be a hard one. Both my companion and I are new to the area so we are often times finding ourselves lost and when we got to our area, there was almost nobody to work with, so we are pretty much starting from scratch. This will be the third time I have done this on my mission. I am pretty excited. It is going to be a fun challenge. And I know that the Lord will help guide us to where we need to go and who we need to talk to.
           
My companion, Elder Bentley is really funny, awesome guy. He has only been out for three months and so I am his second companion. He is from Kaysville Utah, and he went to Davis high school. He is very high energy and he is very entertaining so it is going to be s fun transfer

Elder Bentley:


The Derwood Ward is pretty awesome, they really like the missionary's so they were really excited to have their own missionary's, because for a while they were sharing missionary's with the Chinese branch, which means they were not able to spend too much time in the area.We have met a few people this past week and they all seem very nice. They all love to feed the missionary's and that helps us being able to meet the members of the ward. We have also been dropping by randomly and introducing ourselves. Surprisingly, a lot of the members just stop what they were doing a let us in then we have a short lesson with them.
     
Probably the hardest part of the week was transfers. Some of my favorite companions went home, Elder Paul and Elder Elliot. They were both my companions in Anacostia. They are both awesome guys and I will hopefully be able to meet up with them again after the mission.

Elder Paul


Elder Elliot


    
Thank you all for the support that you give me have an awesome week!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment