Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter, General Conference, Jesus the Christ, and a Temple Trip with Althea - 04/06/2015

Hey everyone! Happy General Conference and Easter weekend! I hope all of you were able to listen with a payer in your heart and a question in your mind that you may have received revelation that you needed for your life. My personal experience was great. I felt uplifted and guided. I had questions and all of those were answered in multiple talks. The power of personal revelation is real and I have a strong testimony of that. 
   
On another note, these past couple of weeks, I have been able to study the life of Jesus Christ through the book Jesus the Christ. I have never felt closer to my Savior while reading and pondering this book. It is truly scripture written by an apostle of the Lord. I recommend this book to everyone. I am not even half way through, but I have already learned so much, about His Atonement, His love for his family, and the desire to do his father's will. I have been pondering these things almost constantly the entire week leading up to Easter.

This week has been very memorable because we were able to the temple with a member of our ward, watch general conference, and celebrate and remember the resurrection of our Savior with the Anacostia ward. Althea has been trying to get to the temple for several months now, but this week Elder Paul and I were able to join her as she went through for her first time. I will remember this trip forever. The spirit was so strong and the temple was so peaceful because of the lack of missionaries there. Although it is great to see all the missionaries in the celestial room, it can be quite distracting and disrupt your efforts on trying to listen to that still small voice. Althea was well aware of the spirit all throughout the temple . She told us several times "this is what heaven must feel like" It was a great experience.

General Conference was a much needed break for me. We watched all sessions, excluding one, at the Anacostia chapel. I found this conference to be very powerful, and spiritually up lifting. I really enjoyed Elder Hollands talk. (just like the other 15 million members) He is a very powerful teacher. I also really enjoyed President Uchtdorf talk in priesthood session. It answered a lot of the questions I had going into conference.
     
Sunday we were able to celebrate the resurrection of Christ with the ward members. Before the 1st session we went to our ward mission leaders house and had an awesome breakfast with them. Then we watched conference as we were curled around our bellies. Once that session concluded we made our way to the chapel where our ward was hosting a pot luck. There was lots of food from all of the ward leaders, We once again stuffed our selves and watched the concluding session of General Conference . It was a great Easter.

   
I enjoyed this week very much. I hope that all of you had the chance to remember and reflect our Saviors sacrifice and love for all of us. As we ponder the Saviors atonement we can all see how loving our Heavenly Father is to set up a plan that we may return to him. He gave up his only begotten son for us. And Jesus Christ loved his father so much that he was willing to do what ever was asked of him. Let us all strive for that same love Christ had for his father and do the will of our Heavenly Father. I know if we try our best to do this we will be blessed. 

Thanks for everything. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment