Monday, October 20, 2014

Happy Birthday!!! The Amazing Race, Why I Believe, & An Investigator With Potential - 10/20/2014

Thank you so much for the email and update on life. It sounds like there are some great things to look forward to. Today has been really good. It has been a very relaxing preparation day and I like it like that. Today we did have our zone activity early in the morning. We got up around five and headed down to the Lincoln Memorial for some sunrise photos. I did forget my camera, but I believe I'll be able to get some pictures from somebody else. Sorry about that. I didn't want to have to worry about something getting lost or stolen. For our activity we did the amazing race. We broke up into groups and went on a scavenger hunt all around the Washington Monument. We took pictures at different monuments doing different things. It was great. After our activity, we went to go shopping and then we went to Chipolte. The burrito I got was really good. After that we haven't really done much. Just relaxing and taking a break, but that is always a good thing.
     
Last night there was an event at the visitors center called "Why I Believe." Why I Believe is an event where recent converts talk about their conversion into the Church. Last nights guest speakers were two former pastors for different churches. They were very good at speaking to the people in attendance. Their testimonies were very powerful and very inspiring. It was really enjoyable. This past week has been very great. We were able to teach 23 lessons to all kinds of people. We were able to teach members, plus actives and investigators. It's been a very exciting time. We do have one decent investigator who has potential. It is just really hard to teach them because we are always occupied with helping them move things. We met our investigator because she is one of the daughters of a less active. She just had a baby so it is perfect timing for us to teach her. I hope we will be able to make some progress with her this week.

Thank you so much for the package that you guys have sent. I did get it and it was awesome. I loved everything inside it. I have already gotten to use the jacket that was in there. It was super warm and comfortable. And also thank you so much for the pillow pet...ha ha it's flipping awesome! So I should probably get going. Thanks again for everything you do.  Well I should probably get going I will talk to you next Monday. Have a great week!! 



Love Elder Johnson




The scripture of the week is Omni 1:26. As we live the points in this scripture, we will be able to give our selves to the Lord. As we do so, God and Jesus Christ can mold us into who we need to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment